Nutrients Your Baby Needs During Pregnancy

I don't know about you, but I am not much of a "healthy" eater. I often find myself running after a two-year old and much too busy to grab the right things to eat. I catch myself stopping off at a fast-food chain to stuff my face in between activities. I have learned planning ahead, making small snack sized bags and packing them in my purse or daughter's diaper bag I am more willing and able to eat it! Plus, baby needs it now too.

Nutrients Needed During Pregnancy:

Folate- Found in green leafy vegetables, orange juice, and nuts.
Calcium- Found in milk, cheese, yogurt, and sardines (yuck ;-))
Iron- Found in dried beans, red meat, iron-fortified cereals, and prune juice.
Vitamin A- Found in carrots, dark leafy green, and sweet potatoes
Vitamin C- Found in citrus fruits, broccoli, tomatoes, and strawberries.
Vitamin D- Found in Vitamin D milk
Vitamin B6- Found in beef, liver, pork, whole-grain cereals, and bananas.
Vitamin B12- Found in liver, meat, fish, poultry, and milk.
Vitamin E- Found in hazelnuts, almonds, oils from canola, and sunflower seeds
Choline- Found in eggs, chicken, broccoli, peanuts, and cauliflower.

6 Superfoods that are packed with Vitamins and Nutrients:

1) Whole Grains- oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain bread.
2) Beans- Black, soy, white, kidney, lentils, and black eyed peas.
3) Eggs
4) Salmon
5) Berries- blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries
6) Low-Fat Yogurt- plain is best as it has less sugar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment